I'm still behind on news. Since Easter was about a month ago, I'll keep my prattling on about details short and just let you see the pictures.
On the Friday before Easter, we spent some time dying Easter eggs after school. Sean loved his eggs so much that he insisted on carrying them around with him in a plastic bag. I found them a couple of hours later on Emily's bed. They had been abandoned so that he could "dress up" in a new outfit.
Every Easter, Andrew and Ricky think it is so funny to wear their Easter baskets on their heads. I have to admit that it is pretty silly!
Andrew thought it was so silly, he had to wear his hat to the ward Easter egg hunt.
I managed to find matching outfits for the boys and new dresses for the girls the day before Easter. Our church starts and 9 a.m. and I wasn't feeling great that day, so we don't have many pictures. The kids all looked very nice. Maybe I am a little biased, but I think the Mergenthaler children are a good looking bunch.
A couple of weeks ago, Reyes went to prom. Back in March, I was getting notices from the school that permission slips and paperwork had to be turned in. I asked Reyes if he was interested in going and he wasn't really sure. Apparently, a few girls had asked him, but he didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
Imagine my surprise when he texted me on Friday afternoon to tell me that he had decided to go to prom. I was happy for him and thought it would be a fun thing for him to do. I did not realize that prom was the very next day!! That doesn't leave much time for planning! His friend had talked him into going with his sister.
In less than 24 hours, we were able to find him a tux, get flowers, and figure out the permission slips for the after-prom party.
On Prom day, the kids and their parents met at our house to take some pictures.
So, prom turned out OK. The pictures turned out OK too.
Guess what else I caught on film in our backyard? I have seen a lot of different animals in our yard, but this was a first . . . two coyotes!
I spotted them about 20 minutes before the kids were going to be walking home from school on the trail near our house. I called the school to warn them and went out on the trail to make some noise. They were pretty skittish even when I tried to sneak out my door to take pictures, so they didn't cause any problems.
On the Friday before Easter, we spent some time dying Easter eggs after school. Sean loved his eggs so much that he insisted on carrying them around with him in a plastic bag. I found them a couple of hours later on Emily's bed. They had been abandoned so that he could "dress up" in a new outfit.
Every Easter, Andrew and Ricky think it is so funny to wear their Easter baskets on their heads. I have to admit that it is pretty silly!
Andrew thought it was so silly, he had to wear his hat to the ward Easter egg hunt.
I managed to find matching outfits for the boys and new dresses for the girls the day before Easter. Our church starts and 9 a.m. and I wasn't feeling great that day, so we don't have many pictures. The kids all looked very nice. Maybe I am a little biased, but I think the Mergenthaler children are a good looking bunch.
A couple of weeks ago, Reyes went to prom. Back in March, I was getting notices from the school that permission slips and paperwork had to be turned in. I asked Reyes if he was interested in going and he wasn't really sure. Apparently, a few girls had asked him, but he didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
Imagine my surprise when he texted me on Friday afternoon to tell me that he had decided to go to prom. I was happy for him and thought it would be a fun thing for him to do. I did not realize that prom was the very next day!! That doesn't leave much time for planning! His friend had talked him into going with his sister.
In less than 24 hours, we were able to find him a tux, get flowers, and figure out the permission slips for the after-prom party.
On Prom day, the kids and their parents met at our house to take some pictures.
So, prom turned out OK. The pictures turned out OK too.
Guess what else I caught on film in our backyard? I have seen a lot of different animals in our yard, but this was a first . . . two coyotes!
I spotted them about 20 minutes before the kids were going to be walking home from school on the trail near our house. I called the school to warn them and went out on the trail to make some noise. They were pretty skittish even when I tried to sneak out my door to take pictures, so they didn't cause any problems.
























Comments